Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seriously?!

I have lost track of any sort of time. I no longer know what day it is or what time it is. All I know is that I have to walk. The past few days the emotions have been all over the place. I was cursing St. James and his pilgrimage for an evening, then in the morning life couldn´t be better and now everything it mellow.

I was in Burgos 2 nights ago after a 41.5 km walk!!! That is a little over 25 miles. Just think about it for a second. Yeah, I know. Anyway, I don´t think I could have gotten out of there faster. We get to the albergue and get everything taken care of (showers, napping, deciding where to get food) and while Tamás is using the internet, I decide to go up to the room and read.
This was maybe the worst decision I have made in a while. As I´m laying down the man next to me asks me some question (I think it was about my yogatoes) which somehow leads to a conversation about how the French government is after him and trying to kill him. Apparently, years ago, he was friends with an Africian President and was doing everything in his power to keep this man from being killed because he knew that the government was after him (the French gov. I think), but the man got killed and they blamed him. Since then, the government has been harrassing him. Ransacking his flat, freezing his bank account, sending attractive women to trap him. This went on for about 30 minutes until I could form a plan to get out of there. The brilliant plan I came up with was to slowly put my shoes on, pretend like I am getting something out of my bag and grab out everything of value and tell him that I am leaving for dinner. Thankfully it worked. I informed Tamás and Fredrick of what happened and they just laughed at me. Fredrick later came up to see who he was. Long story short, everytime I was alone the next morning, he found me and continued to talk to me. How do these people find me?

Now I am in an amazing albergue with a pool! So, enough of this typing. ¡Hasta manaña!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should spend more time with Crazy Guy. It makes for a good story...or at least a non-boring one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogatoes!?... Had to Google that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the best thing I've heard. I agree you should befriend the man! :)

    ReplyDelete