Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day

It´s finally here. Tomorrow we walk into Santiago. I guess I shouldn´t say finally, because it has come too quick. After 30 days of just walking, the thought of not doing it is a little scary. Thankfully we still have Finisterre to walk to. Speaking of Finisterre, I can not wait! All the way to Santiago it is very religious. Crosses everywhere, no booze aloud in the albergues, god this, god that. But Finisterre. Ah Finisterre. This is the Pagan side of things so let the debauchery begin!

Finisterre was believed to be the end of the earth a few years ago and there are some legends that I can´t really recall at the moment. It´s a 3 day walk and once you get there you are to burn your socks or all your clothes or your boots, little things you brought from home (which I was unaware of) or pretty much anything. I will be burning my socks and possibly my shoes. But the best part is that, from what I have heard, after you burn everything, everyone runs into the ocean naked! Yes, it is a group skinny dip (a chuncky dunk for a few...)!!! Sorry Mom and Dad, but yes I will be partaking in this event. Try not to think about it. From what I understand it cleanse you and you become a pure pilgirm.

This has been quite the adventure. Sunburns, blisters - oh the blisters. I managed to get one blister twice! Put that in you pipe. So, sunburns, blisters, food poisoning, bikers, sprinters, torn meniscus (possibly), bed bugs, and amazing people. I could ask for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment